It is a joyous time of the year filled with holiday festivities, decorating our homes, and preparing our favorite holiday foods. Poinsettias are placed appropriately, mistletoe is hung above doorways, and filled candy dishes are within an arm's reach. However, spirits can quickly dampen when a pet becomes ill from ingesting one of our favorite holiday decorations or food. Test your knowledge of holiday hazards for pets with this true or false quiz. Happy Holidays!
Heated teflon is toxic to birds.
Macadamia nuts are poisonous to dogs.
Potpourri is poisonous to cats.
Chocolate is toxic to ferrets.
Electrical burns from chewing cords are a common holiday hazard for rabbits.
Secondhand tobacco smoke can be irritating to amphibians.
Grapes can be toxic to dogs.
Tinsel, ribbon, and strings from roasts or turkeys can cause severe intestinal problems in cats.
Batteries are toxic if swallowed.
Air fresheners can be toxic to fish.